The Candida Diet
That is the essence of the Candida diet, to know what to eat and what not to eat. You can eat many foods that, which do not promote the proliferation of yeast in the body. Of course, Candida Albicans exists in the gut and the mouth but at little quantities, it is not harmful at all, the problem comes in when it starts to replicate. The yeast gets its food from the host, in this case the human body. Therefore, if you know the right foods to eat so that you can starve the yeast, it will naturally die off leaving you healthy and good.
The compilation of a good food list is very important. This list should involve the foods to eat and the foods not to eat. This is not as easy as it sounds because different people have different eating habits. In addition, it may require you to consider the types of food that are readily available around your area. Research is very important if you would like to start on a diet that will help you get rid of the yeast syndrome for good. When looking for information for the best Candida diet on the internet, you will find so many diets such that it will be daunting to choose the best one. Find as much information as possible first so that you make a wise choice. Remember that as well as get rid of the yeast, you also want to benefits from the diet and therefore you should be healthier than when you embarked on it.
Foods to eat in the Candida diet
- Among the top foods that you should include in your diet is plain yoghurt. Live yoghurt contains microorganisms that feed on yeast and help keep the balance in the body.
- Eat vegetables because they contain fibre, vitamins and minerals, which are very good for boosting the operation of the immune system. This helps the immune system keep the opportunistic diseases at bay
- Spices are good in your Candida diet because they contain antibacterial and antifungal benefits. Spices will also help the body get rid of the free radicals because of their wealth of antioxidants.
- All seafood is great for you, and there is no exception. In case you do not like seafood, then you may want to try Tuna because everyone loves that
- Protein rich foods like eggs and meats, but not processed meats are good. However, keep away from the dairy ppronducts.
- you can take nuts with the exception of peanut
- you can also take some of the recommended supplement pills to boost the fight against the yeast syndrome
- eat fresh foods
Foods to avoid in the Candida diet
It is very important that you avoid most of the foods that promote the proliferation of yeast in the body. These are many but a few among them are as shown below:
- Avoid foods that contain yeast because you cannot be fighting yeast on one side and eating yeast on the other side.
- eliminate all fermented foods from the Candida diet because such contain yeast and they also feed yeast thus causing it to multiply
- Avoid alcohol and smoking because such promote the multiplication of yeast
- Avoid antibiotics because they kill the good bacteria and germs that eat yeast
- Avoid sugars, both refined and natural because yeast thrives on both types. For example, you should not take honey
- Avoid processed foods, including meats.
- Avoid dairy products
- Stop eating grains for some time because they contain gluten, which is usually hard to digest. In that case, it turns acidic and the yeast feeds on it
- Avoid caffeine because they provokes the yeast to grow. It is also important that you eliminate carbonated drinks from your Candida diet because they contain too much sugar
- Avoid eating vegetables that contain a lot of starch. Such include potatoes, carrots, asparagus and tomatoes to name but just a few.
- Avoid all forms of molds, mushrooms because yeast loves such, and it replicates, and multiplies when fed with this.
- Avoid pasta because this is flour and it is starch. If you must have baked food, then make sure that the bread is made from brown flour.
There are many more things to avoid in your Candida diet, but mind the aforementioned few first and be committed to sticking to the diet.